Flatline Writers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NURSES: Diana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
S1R

NURSES: Diana Empty
PostSubject: NURSES: Diana   NURSES: Diana EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Stepping into the women's locker room, a tall and tanned twenty year old woman saw two women talking, Diana wished that she could go over and talk to them. But Diana just couldn't will herself to step towards them and introduce herself. She hurriedly changed into her scrubs, making sure that she faced the lockers to hide the scar that ran across her abdomen and then got out of there.

Having reached the ER, Diana felt better. She laughed at the thought that the only people she could be around were people who were in some sort of distress. Suddenly there was an announcement from the PA system, they wanted her to go to the head office for some reason. Irritated, she left.

Around noon, an ambulance pulled up and a stretcher was rolled out. It said "Molly" on her cheerleader uniform, Molly is a blond Caucasian 17 year old girl of average height, she was on the stretcher. At Molly's side was her friend, it said "Tenacia" on her purple and gray cheerleader uniform. Tenacia was an 18 year old Caucasian girl with long brown hair with red streaks in it, she kept reassuring Molly that she would be alright. But Molly knew she wasn't going to be alright.

Molly was now in a white and blue polka dotted hospital gown and was hooked up to an EKG machine, the electrodes stuck to her chest and abdomen registering a strong heart rhythm. Once her friend was lying calmly on the bed, Tenacia tried to comfort her:
"You know them doctors Molly, they always think they know what they're talking about..." Molly shoots her a glare, "...you'll see they'll be wrong."
Molly was staring at her feet, she rolled her tongue in her mouth trying to get the right words out, "You were there Tenacia, you saw that fall..." Tenacia tried to interrupt but Molly kept talking, "...you heard that snap as I landed wrong...If only the catcher had been paying more attention!"
"Its gonna be okay Molly, its-" said Tenacia
"NO!" shouted Molly, "NO! NO! NO! NO! Its not going to be 'okay' Tenacia! I cant feel my legs!"
Molly slammed back down on the small bed, she breathed heavily with her arms crossed over her chest like a child, not looking at Tenacia. The two of them were quiet when Molly turned to Tenacia, "Please kill me" she whispered.
Horrified, Tenacia stared at her friend, "NO" she said, "I wont do that Molly"
The conversation went back and forth for a half hour...

Diana was walking back from the office, with everything now settled she was walking to the ER and on her way she saw a smiling nurse. On the name tag it said "Sophy" she waved big, Diana couldn't help but smile and wave back. Sophy stopped her and the two of them talked, mostly about Sophy's "awesome save." Diana did not tell Sophy much about herself but the two of them exchanged phone numbers and promised to hang out after work.

Diana made it to the ER, she walked around until she made it to Molly's bed. She smiled faintly at the two girls who were conspiratorially close to one another, Diana read Molly's chart and her smile died. "Is there anything that I can get you?" asked Diana mentally kicking herself knowing that there was nothing that she could get this beautiful girl
"Water please" said Molly
"...Sure" said Diana
Molly turned to Tenacia's tear streaked face, "Okay, Molly. I'll do it."

Tenacia stood up and pulled the white curtain to cover the bed, she walked over to Molly slowly. Now at the head of the bed Tenacia gingerly lifted up her friend's head and grabbed a pillow, Tenacia moved the pillow in her hands as if it weighed a ton. She looked down at Molly who just nodded her head and gave her a faint smile, "Just keep pushing, even after you feel me stop." Tenacia's eyes were starting to water again but she lowered the pillow to Molly's head slowly. The pillow was now covering Molly's face, Molly had her hands at her sides, Tenacia began to push harder, she could feel Molly's face under the pillow. The heart monitor was starting to beep faster. Molly's breathing was starting to grow rapid and her hands were grabbing at the covers of the bed, her legs were completely still. Molly's once rapidly rising and falling bosom was starting to falter and slow, as was the heart monitor, Tenacia was starting to sob now, she could feel Molly's strength go and Tenacia pushed harder. After two minutes, Molly stopped struggling, the EKG was flat-lining, Tenacia still pressed the pillow harder until she heard a pop. Tenacia stepped back, realizing that she had just broken her friend's nose, she looked at Molly's still chest, the flat-lining tone was piercingly loud, "I...I killed her." Thoughts started to rush through Tenacia's head, she fell back on her well formed bottom and brought her knees up to her chest like a scared little girl and started to cry.

Diana came back to Molly's bed, she was puzzled as to why the curtain was drawn, so she moved it aside. What she found caused her to drop the cup of water. There was cheerleader on the floor sobbing hysterically and a girl on a hospital bed with a pillow covering her face. Diana rushed over to the monitors, tossed the pillow off the girl, tilted her head back and listened for breathing, nothing. Diana took a deep breath, ready to give the girl mouth to mouth, and pinched the girl's nose shut. Diana could feel the broken nose in between her finger tips.

Diana rummaged through the crash cart and pulled out an intubator, tilting the girl's head back Diana intubates Molly. Attaching the air bag Diana squeezes oxygen into Molly's lungs causing her supple chest to rise and fall then Diana laces her strong fingers together and presses them to the center of Molly's firm chest. Pushing down deep into Molly's chest caused the cheerleader's head to bob, her medium sized breasts to jiggle, her legs and feet to shake and the heart monitor to beep in tune with the compressions being delivered. "One and two and three and four and five..." counted Diana as she pumped the young girl's chest, Diana would occasionally look at Tenacia on the floor and wonder if she herself knew anyone she would risk going to jail for. "Twenty five and twenty six and twenty seven and twenty eight and twenty nine, thirty!" chanted Diana as she finished her rounds of chest compressions, she reaches for the plastic bulb hanging from Molly's intubated mouth and she squeezed on it three times causing the cheerleader's chest to rise and fall. Diana resumed chest compression position and pushed down on Molly's chest "One, two, three, four, five..." Molly's body bounced around on the shaking bed, BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, went the heart monitor as it registered Molly's beating heart that was circulating blood thanks to Diana. "Twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty!" BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEEE...Diana looked down at Molly's pale face, squeezed on the bag giving Molly much needed oxygen and then looked and at Tenacia's tear stricken face, Diana realized that she did not have a friend that she would go this far for.

Diana grabs at the front of the hospital gown and tears it open, the force causing the cheerleader's breasts to shake, revealing Molly's toned torso. Diana placed her hands in between Molly's nipple line and presses her hand in between Molly's firm breasts, putting her other hand on top Diana continues chest compressions. "One, two, three, four, five..." she finishes a round of twenty and gives five hits of air to Molly, her naked chest rises and falls. Diana turns to the crash cart and turns on the defibrillator, she sets it to charge at 150 Joules then grabs at the conductive gel and squeezes a large amount over the cheerleader's naked breasts. Listening to the machine charge Diana spreads the gel over Molly's naked chest, causing her nipples to become erect, and tight abdomen. The defibrillator was still charging, Diana placed her sticky hands in the center of Molly's equally sticky chest and continued CPR "Come on! one! two! three! four! five!" Diana's compressions were so strong and fast that it caused the bed, Molly and Diana herself to shake, by the twentieth compression the charging whine stopped. Whipping around, Diana turned to the defibrillator unit, grabbed the paddles and slammed one in the center of Molly's chest and the other one over her right breast. "CLEAR!" shouted Diana even if Tenacia was on the floor out of the way, she pressed the buttons, WHUMP! Molly's back arches and her chest heaves with the shock then she flops back down. BEEP, BEEEE...Diana rubs the paddles, "Shocking her again!" and presses them to Molly's chest, "CLEAR!"

WHUMP! Molly's chest rises with the paddles, her stomach flexes as her back arches with the shock. It all seems to be going slowly to Diana, the way Molly's body moves under her, then the girl's body flops back down, her breasts shake and then is still. BEEP, BEEP, BEEE...Diana puts the paddles down and continues chest compressions "Come back! One, two, three, four, five..." Diana glances at Tenacia while compressing the topless girl's chest, twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty!" Two more hits of air then she turns back to the defibrillator unit, she picks up the paddles in one hand and sets it to 200 Joules with the other. Listening to the machine charge, Diana rubbed the paddles together, the whine stopped and Diana slams the paddles to Molly's chest "CLEAR!" Molly shook then went still, "AGAIN!" Diana slammed the paddles to Molly's chest "CLEAR!" WHUMP! Molly flops back down on the bed, BEEEE...Diana turned to the defibrillator unit and switched the dial to 300 Joules, the charging whine filled the air, she grabbed the paddles and turned to Molly. Tenacia was there, "Please..." she began, "CLEAR!" shouted Diana, Tenacia stepped back as the nurse's arms swung in front of her and slammed down on her friend's naked chest, Diana pushed the buttons and Molly's body shook rapidly from head to toe then slammed down. "Going again..." said Diana rubbing the paddles together, Tenacia jumped forward and shielded Molly's body with her own, "NO!!!" Diana's defib paddle carrying hands were floating over Tenacia's back, "MOVE!" she shouted, "Im trying to save your friend!" Tenacia shot her a look with anger filled tears, "Don't! She wants to die!"

Diana was frozen, she looked at Tenacia, then at Molly, the flat lining heart monitor and finally the paddles in her hands...she lowered them and put the paddles back on the unit. Diana took a deep breath, let it out, unattached the air bulb from Molly's mouth, shut off the heart monitor finally silencing the piercing flat line tone and patted Tenacia's shoulder as she cried over her dead best friend.
Back to top Go down
Resuswriter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NURSES: Diana   NURSES: Diana EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:16 am

well........ that was interesting. The results were not realistic.... the girl who killed her would have been arrested, and the resus efforts wouldn't have stopped just because the girl said so...

but that being said. It was a well written story, from a writers stand point it was very well done, and any one other than me giving some sort of content is welcomed.

INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
Back to top Go down
https://flatlinewriters.forumotion.net
S1R

PostSubject: Re: NURSES: Diana   NURSES: Diana EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:22 am

lol
yeah, I know its not realistic...as I read some of the new stuff, people are moving away from the "Hollywood style" of resus writing (bodies jumping after being shocked, the "dont die on me!" shouts) but its the one I like writing
always thankful for the comments

Oh, in the next story NURSES: Kat, you'll see cops so that one girl was gonna get arrested Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Resuswriter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NURSES: Diana   NURSES: Diana EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:23 am

cool, hey what's your YIM screen name?
Back to top Go down
https://flatlinewriters.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NURSES: Diana   NURSES: Diana Empty

Back to top Go down