Flatline Writers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

from a story i wrote a long time ago

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
loopsmd

from a story i wrote a long time ago Empty
PostSubject: from a story i wrote a long time ago   from a story i wrote a long time ago EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:59 am

23:25
I just came back from work.....very hard day...dang...my feet hurts..my head aches...and I have this funny feeling inside my chest during the whole day...auch.....I rub my chest as I walk to the shower....I remove my shirt....unbutton it slowly....my bra....I sit at the side of the tub....topless as long as it fills in with water...the funny feeling starts to calm down as I rub my chest and my breasts . I took my bath...trying to relax with the hot water, and for a moment it works....but the little burning inside my chest rushes in again...I get out of the tub....put a towel robe around my naked body....and I go to bed...trying to calm down myself saying..it's just indigestion...it's nothing....
Morning....6:00 am....i woke up...walking lazy to the bathroom....to brush my teeth...to comb my hair, get dressed....but....as soon as button up the shirt.....a huge pain raises in the middle of my chest....like if someone was crushing my heart ....I think to myself..."oh god...i'm having a heart attack"....i try to calm down...to see if pain goes away..as I walk to the living...grabbing my chest with both hands....but the pain increases....my breathing gets harder....I can't pull air to my lungs...i feel like if my heart was about to explode inside my chest....I grab the phone...calling 911....someone answers...i can't talk....I just say a few words..."my....heart"....after that...i fell to the ground...my eyes get fixed to the ceiling....as I thought...."That's it....I'm ...dying" I can count my heartbeats ...until ...i cannot feel them anymore

6:15
As the 911 tech beside the line....heard someone calling for help who can barely talk...she sent an EMT's Unit to check...someone may be having a heart attack.....they arrive soon.....some calls at the door.."Mrs. Rivers.....are you in?...."I try to shout...but I can't talk....."I feel like i'm floathing....i can't feel anything....i just listen....keep my stare at the skies....like if everything was so blurry....
I heard the door being tumbled down....two EMT's put at both sides of me...."Mrs Rivers...Mrs Rivers....are you ok?...as they shake me....one grabs the steth...i can't feel if they are men or women...i just hear the voices....watching some human shades working over me...."No pulse...."....hook her to the monitor....they say....i feel my clothing being cutted....leaving me topless...i feel strong hands compressing my chest....a vague counting..1.2.3....30.....a plastic bag comes over my mouth and nose...a very funny smell cames trough it.....insulating air to my unresponsive lungs....as one gaves me compressions...and still counts.....the other one put something over my chest in three spots....I heard something...a continuos alarm "she is V-fib" one of them says....they still gave me air....compressing my chest...pushing my sternum to force my heart to pump blood to my system again...I feel something cold over my chest....wet....metallic....one of them shout something like..Clear!....after this my whole torso jolts ....my back arches violently..my breasts bouncing widly....i feel something running through my chest slapping my heart.....i feel it contracting violently....then...nothing.....I feel it shaking like a scared bunny....as they shout...again....300...300 what?....clear!...my body arches again..it hurts...i want to make them stop....but my own heart is not beating properly.....my heart is contracting again because of the shock....and it starts to hammer inside my chest again....as I hear...."Central ...We have a female....30 old...in cardiac arrest..probably a heart attack....we are leading up to Central Hospital"....
6:20
I'm carried upon a gurney...my ragged clothing besides me...my chest covered with a sheet...two IV's in each arm.....my heart monitorized with three tiny patches....a constant beeping with each beat of my wrecked heart....as I'm carried to a huge white room....they strip me ...removing all my clothing putting a patien't gown ...over my body....I feel how they place six little rubber things over my chest....as they obtain a paper...some one says....this is not looking good....other one saying..."she had a huge damage"....other one saying...."call the coronary unit"....she need angioplasty now....her heart is too damaged...a female voice says...."poor girl...she is too young for such a horrible heart attack"
Wait!!...I don't want to die.....do anything you can...I want to cry.....I want to shout ...that I want to live....please..don't let me die....please.....I don't want to die....

but soon....a horrid beeping brings me out of my own thoughts.....i heard a lot of shoutings.....this time...everything goes black....I can't see.....I just can hear what they are saying...I can barely feel what are they doing.....I heard some one shouting....she is coding....v-fib.....bring the crash car...I can hear the wheels of a metallic thing being put aside me.....I feel some strange hands ripping my gown out...compressing my sternum pumping my wrecked heart underneath.....i can feel the burnt of some meds running trhough my veins....I can feel the two metallic dishes over my chest i can feel the jolt arching my back....tossing my chest to the air...i can feel my nipples hard...my chest hurting so badly....hands compressing my sternum again.....but this time i can barely feel them......one more time...i feel the defibrillator over my naked chest....the "thud" sound again...my chest and back arching......as I think"...that's it....I'm dying....it hurts...leave me..leave now"....i receive another jolt over my chest....this time a puncting ....ragging sound emerges...a voice says...Flatline!.....resume CPR.....i can listen a vague counting as my chest is compressed over and over....i can feel meds running thourhg my veins....i can feel how my heart is pumped through my sternum....but the counting is more distant....now I can barely listen to them.....after a time....i can't listen at all.....

Epilogue
After having a heart attack at her home...Marie Rivers was found in cardiac arrest due to a massive myocaardial infraction..she came back through the first resuscitation attempts, that needed two defibs and CPR....she was leaded to the Central Hospital, she was diagnosed with a massive myocardial infraction that left her anterior and lower portion of her heart almost useless....she has been leading to her angioplasty....but she had a fatal ventricular fibrilation due to a rupture of her heart inner walls.....she never recovered from that arrest even when the resus efforts continued for nearly 40 mins.....she died at 8:30 am of that day....her autopsy revealed that she was very low cholesterol levels...barely signs of atherosclerosis....the rest of her organs really healthy....her heart showed a massive infarction that extended to anterior, posterior and inner walls...the cords of the valves were broken.....literally...she died because her heart was broken.....
Back to top Go down
Resuswriter
Admin

from a story i wrote a long time ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: from a story i wrote a long time ago   from a story i wrote a long time ago EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:47 pm

very nice, a few minor grammatical errors (cut not cutted and monitored not monitorized lol) but we all make those from time to time. I liked the flow of the story and the idea behind it, I wanna say I've done something as the victim but I can't remember if I ever have the only one I distinctly remember being BA's "dream" I believe was the title of it and of course Maggie's "Awake while dying" story. Its a unique point of view that is always refreshing. The other thing that I loved was the understanding of the heart and the cardiac arrest, Laughing I had to actually look some of that stuff up to make sure that my limited knowledge of what you were saying was correct.

If I could make a suggestion I understand the effect of writing with the multiple periods in between thoughts, but a coma is sufficient.

and oh yeah, who are you? lol
Back to top Go down
https://flatlinewriters.forumotion.net

from a story i wrote a long time ago
Page 1 of 1